Saturday, March 31, 2012

Sniff Zen

Today I took Luna to the pet store to buy a small bag of kibble to tide her over until her regular brand is delivered. Sadly, the pet store changed owners and the brand I wanted was no longer sold, so we left with something else. Oh well, it's only temporary.

In the store, Luna showed some gaping holes in our training. Holes I've known about, but can't be bothered to fix; she could not keep her nose to herself and she went into sticky-shepherd-blank-stare-mode when she spotted the baby chicks in glass cages (just for Easter).

OK, that means we need to do some work on Sniff Zen and Animal Zen. I'll work on Sniff Zen at home, then go to the pet store and work on it there. Criteria will be Loose Leash, nose to herself, ears open (aka listen to what I say). For the critters we'll have to do some Look At That, I think.

So, in the next 2 weeks, I want to visit the pet store at least 3 times, by the end of which Luna will hopefully, if I do it right, have a default Pet Store Zen.

No comments:

Post a Comment