Wednesday, April 4, 2012

'Clean Up Your Toys'

For a wonderful, +R get together this Sunday, we are to teach our dogs to put toys/objects in a basket of some sort. This morning Luna and I did our 4th session.

I had three soft, squishy balls and an oval ice cream container that fitted those balls perfectly. Since the other 3 sessions were with an ordinary cardboard box, I first loaded this new one as a 'good place to put your nose.' Yes, I needed Luna's "huh?" to remind me of that, but I caught on immediately when I'd laid out the balls and the container and Luna didn't do anything but look at me. Duh. :D

So, first some C/T's for putting her nose in the container. Then place one ball in the container, C/T for nose touches to the ball, then for picking up the ball when it was in the container, and then on to placing the ball on the ground and C/T when Luna picked it up and pushed it (her nose wrinkled :D) into the container. Then put 2 balls out, couple of C/T's for picking up and depositing each one. Then 3 balls, more C/T for picking up and depositing each one. Then asked for 1 ball for 1 C/T, then 2 balls for 1 C/T, then back to three balls for 1 C/T each. And again. Then three balls for 1 C/T, and a couple C/T's for 1 ball at a time. And so on.

She did a great job. Quiet, calm, shoving the balls into the box, nicely following my finger points and NO FRUSTRATION. I think she's got it (for now). Yay!

Oh, and again, a short session. Maybe I'm getting it, too. ;-P

2 comments:

  1. Love reading your posts! Reyna and I haves stalled for now on level 2 Relax. She is getting better but it is sllooowww going! That one minute excite one minute relax one minute excited one minute relax is kicking our tails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elizabeth! So nice to see you here! :D I keep checking your blog to see what awesome success you have next. I haven't tried Relax yet...

    ReplyDelete