Homework for our next visit to the dog school; nesting cups and backing up. We started this morning.
Well, nesting cups was easy-peasy. There are 9 cups in my set, and Luna could nest 7 of them. The last two were too small to hold in such a way that she could aim well, although I might try them next time.
So, we moved on to backing up. I sat on the floor and paid close attention to her back legs. If either moved a tiny bit backwards, C/T. I placed the treat on the ground in front of me so she'd come forward to eat it. By the end of the session she could take 2 steps! We'll need to take it slow to make sure she's going straight and not trying to 'target' objects with her hips, but she was definitely getting it! Also, the noise level was very low. Does that mean we're both starting to understand this shaping thing? :D
Annieke,
ReplyDeleteWhat are nesting cups? Do you have a video of them? I'm fascinated.
Lynn
Ha, now I'm worried that nesting cups isn't the right word... It just means a series of increasingly smaller cups that can either be stacked on top of each other, or put inside of each other. Luna and I are working on putting them inside of each other, which I called 'nesting'. I'd love to try the stacking, but that's going to take a LOT of self control on the part of the dog!
ReplyDeleteThey are sold as "Stacking Cups" and are meant for children. :D